As I compiled my list of summer projects, I got a teensy bit overwhelmed. I thought it would be nice to pare it down to a list of ten things. I have ten fingers. I should be able to handle ten projects, right?
1. Move the bedroom into the office and the office into the bedroom. We swapped these in March but decided we don’t like it. So, we’re switching back, away from the front porch light and dripping drain spout. Right now, both rooms are a mess due to three months of mamby-pambying around about whether we wanted to organize them because we weren’t sure if we liked the new set up.
2. Fix up our ugly bathroom. There is no toilet paper holder, but there is a hole in a cabinet where one was installed by a moron. There is also a wallpaper border that has been painted over. I don’t really know how it’s going to come off. I might be crazy by the time this one is finished.
3. Clean the carpets. I am fairly confident that our dogs have desecrated our carpet to the extent that we will have to replace it before we sell. However, I still have to touch it with my feet for now, so I’m going to get it as clean as I can.
4. Get rid of all of our junk. I’m even thinking about doing a crazy minimalist project like this. I really want this junk out. I’m not sure if Dexter would be on board, and it looks like a lot of work. What do you think? Too extreme?
5. Paint our upstairs bathroom. Not that the mold above the shower isn’t lovely against my cute Urban Outfitters birdie shower curtain.
6. Refinish the kitchen table. My grandfather bought our table from a feed store and refinished it when my mom was a little girl. I was its last stop before it left the family for good, so I have permission to do with it what I please. I’m thinking about staining it darker to make it appear a little more modern. Thoughts, interior design gurus?
7. Recover the kitchen chairs. I’m thinking something with a little bit of teal in it. Which leads me to…
8. Paint everything teal. Okay. Maybe not everything, but at least a few spraypaintable accessories. What do you think? And if I’m going to change my accessory color scheme, I probably need to…
9. Repaint my main floor. My parents and our neighbors helped us paint before we moved in a couple of years ago. I’m getting a little tired of the blue and green, so I’m thinking about switching to a neutral color so I can change my color scheme more easily in the future. (See #8)
10. Repaint and make(?!?) cushions for our glider. My great-grandparents sat on the glider we now have and waved to my grandmother, my aunt, and my mom as they drove away. Now it’s rusty and the paint is chipping away. I hear the original cushions had teal in them, so I’m thinking I should try to recreate them. (Um…does anyone have any tips for how to make cushions for something like this?)
What’s on your summer to-do list?