This is the list of things to do for my blitz that I made while eating breakfast:
1. Wash comforter (Fitz…ahem…dirtied it last week)
2. Clear and wipe kitchen table (glad I did this early on–helped me when I folded my towels and set out my ziplock/gladware containers to group before putting away)
3. Put away clean dishes
4. Do dirty dishes
5. Take recycling to garage
6. Clear off and wipe down counters
7. Pick up living room
8. Fold towels and put away
9. Put comforter in dryer
I did the list mostly in this order. I was glad I had it since after the first few tasks I looked around and started to get that overwhelmed, “What now?” feeling. The timer went off as I folded the towels. I didn’t put away one towel that goes upstairs, and I didn’t get to floors or dusting. However, now I am ready to clean since all the picking up is done. I do still have some books out on the couch. I have a $120 fine to pay if I don’t return two of them to the university, so they need to be in sight. I need to finish “reviewing” the others for a future post and take them back to the library.
I didn’t post an “after” picture of the piano because blogger kept flipping the image. There’s a picture of Levi, an antique camera, our wedding album, and a piece of our coffee table that we broke off that still need to be put away. But, that will be easier when we move our beautiful Ikea shelf downstairs to join the living room furniture.
Possible projects for the rest of the day?
1. Clean out coat closet (which has a very nice, half-empty shoe rack on the door and paint supplies and shoes all over the floor)
2. Finish cabinet reorganization project (resulted in a few very organized cabinets and on set with a bunch of random crap piled up)
3. Reorganize pantry
Organizing supplies that might help:
1. A basket for Fitz’s leashes, treats, and kong
2. A sturdy container for Fitz’s toys that he can reach and that isn’t too ugly
3. Spice organizing device (probably won’t get this soon–I’ve been debating about what kind to get and how much to spend for a long time–any suggestions?)